Monday, June 23, 2014

I Can Go The Distance

These past few courses have renewed a passion within me.  I see a bright future in the field of early childhood development.  I will carry forth the things I have learned about anti-bias education and incorporate them into my classroom.  I feel that I have always been compassionate and understanding of the families I serve. Even though this is the case, I still carry bias within me and am constantly feeling that I must combat it. 

As we go forward into our final course, I leave you with inspiring words from one of my favorite Disney movies.  May the words comfort you as we approach the finish line of our program!

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way, if I can be strong
I know ev'ry mile, will be worth my while
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road, to embrace my fate
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you
And a thousand years, would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime, but somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back, I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track, no, I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope, but I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance, and my journey is complete

4 comments:

  1. Rene,
    Really enjoyed your post and the lyrics to the song are very fitting. I think that we all must step back and reflect on our biases. Your compassion and understanding will carry you far as it is of the utmost importance. I believe that we can achieve whatever we set our hearts and minds to and we have planty of resources to help us as we continue on this journey. Best of luck!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Amy McCoig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rene,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I especially like your song in the closing. I believe you are very passionate about the children and families you serve. I wish you well as you continue. Thanks for sharing.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rene,
    I enjoyed your post. I agree when you stated how the last few classes renewed a passion within you. I am always searching for new ways to better serve the families that are represented in my family child care business. I also enjoyed the lyrics to your favorite Disney movie. Sometimes when we cannot see our way those lyric will let us know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rene, I loved your final blog post with the beautiful song lyrics--so apt for our journey! It was wonderful to read that your passion has been renewed through your course work. I also think that your acceptance of your own biases is noble and wise—we all carry some bias, try as we might to elude it. The fact that you are committed to overcoming this obstacle is your best weapon, and I congratulate you in this and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete