Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Relationships

Relationships are my backbone.  As humans, we are not created to be alone.  God created Adam and then decided that man should not be alone, so he created a partner: Eve.  Relationships give us support and stability.  They also give us a system of checks and balances, guiding us through life decisions and tough times.
My God

I am a Christian.  I believe that God sent his son to die for me so that I could have eternal life and live with him in heaven.  My relationship with my God gives me strength and guidance to make wise decisions and is always with me, even when no one else is there.  He gives me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Without him, I’d be a hot mess of emotions and impulsiveness. 

My Husband – James

We have been married for almost 4 years now, and known each other for 7 ½.  He is my brains!  He provides logic and reasoning to this woman’s emotional way of thinking.  He supports me through all my decisions and keeps me in check.  He loves me unconditionally.  He has an incredible work ethic and is very smart.  He knows everything about everything, and can do everything from re-do a kitchen (which I helped with!) to write an emergency plan for an entire county.  His colleagues view him as an invaluable member of their team and he constantly receives praise for his high quality work. 

My Parents - Mom and Dad

My parents instilled a lot of things in me.  They taught me to be a woman of integrity and to love unconditionally.  They were my support system before anyone else.  From my Father, I gained leadership skills.  He has always been a strong leader and set a Godly example for my brother and me.  He has shown me that being a leader means you are fair, consistent, and merciful when appropriate.  From my Mother I gained a nurturing heart; this one of my greatest assets at work (and will be one day when I have children of my own!).  I love the children I work with every day.  One cannot work with babies and not have a nurturing spirit. 

My Brother and his family - Rick, Ashley and Micah

We were never best friends because 1) he is a guy and 2) because we are five years apart.  On the other hand, we have a very good relationship.  He (like my Father) showed me what a man of integrity was.  He (somehow) married someone WAY out of his league and gave me hope of finding a wonderful Christian spouse too!  (Ironically enough, I ended up marrying someone exactly my brother’s age!)  He now has an amazing little boy who I can’t help but talk about (and I have just about every other blog entry).  For those of you who are new to my blog, Micah is 2 ½, adopted, and precious!  He (unfortunately) is just as dorky as his Dad J BUT is just as cute as his Mom.  It has been fun to watch the family evolve from a distance and watch my brother become a husband and father. 

My Co-Teacher - Cindy


My mentor.  Cindy Larsen has been one of the greatest things that has happened to me in the past two years.  Together, we teach 8 babies every day.  She has guided me through lesson plans, provocations, and learning stories.  She is twice my age, so you wouldn’t think we have much in common, but we really do.  We work seamlessly together because of our like-mindedness.  I am SO blessed to have the best co-teacher on the face of the planet.  She makes me a better teacher.

My Babies




My babies are my FAVORITE part of my job!  Since I have started I have had the pleasure of nurturing more than 30 lives in my classroom.  They smile at me, hug me, and laugh with me.  Along with these wonderful kids that grow up WAY too fast, are their parents.  We have such great relationships with the parents that come through our classroom.  I have come to learn that infant parents are SO VERY different from preschool parents.  Our parents see the love and trust that their children have for us and because of that, they love and trust us as well.   They complain less that preschool parents and just generally seem to be in less of a hurry.  Most of the parents that come through our room are first time parents and have MANY questions.  I take pride in being able to answer questions and guide these parents through a scary (but rewarding) time of life. 


4 comments:

  1. Rene,
    I love your post! Great pictures! You and I seem to have a few similarities! It it nice to see who you have been talking to all along! It sounds like you have a wonderful life! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear how much your love an appreciate all of the different relationships you wrote about. I think it is so wonderful that you have that support system in place. The pictures you added were wonderful. It looks like you have a very happy blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rene' you are truly blessed with rich relationships! Considering we are so alike, you probably had a few tears reflecting on these important people in your life. I count it an amazing, amazing privilege to be together in this season of our lives. You're the best.

    xoxo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You re very lucky to have everyone in your life. The pictures of the babies are adorable. It is wonderful that you share your life with people that support you ad share your beliefs. Many people do not have so many wonderful people in their life, conider yourself one of the lucky ones and cherish every moment. Thank you for sharing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete